Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, July 17, 2017

ONE YEAR DOWN!

Hey!

Holy cow we made it through the first year! I am proud of us both, mom! :)  The great thing about that is they always say that the second year goes by even faster. Its crazy to think about the trials and challenges we are put through but also the help and comfort that we are given in those times. I am sure we can both say that this past year has brought a lot of growth for each one of us. 

My favorite thing about the new MP is how enthusiastic he is about the work. And his enthusiasm is almost contagious. When ever he speaks I just want to get out there and get to work.

Funny experience, well I don't know if it is really haha funny but I just have to laugh now looking back on it. Well on Saturday night we ran out of water in our house. (Here in the Philippines you have to buy jugs of water, you can't drink from the tap because it isn't purified). Well we got home kind of late on Saturday and noticed that all the water was gone, and it was to late to go and buy any. So the next day on Sunday, me and my comp looked like fish out of water because we were so gosh darn thirsty. So after church we decided to go home and try and figure something out. Well in our brilliance we decided to boil water from the tap so it kills all the bad germs and then drink it. And I realized something as I was sitting there drinking boiling hot water, that when dire circumstances happen, dire efforts are needed. But don't worry everything is alright now. We survived and got some water now so everything is alright. 

As for a spiritual, I would probably have to say sis Merlan who is getting baptized next week. During her interview this past week she confessed to having an abortion. We were heart broken to hear this because Sis Merlan is such a good person. Well because abortion is very serious she had to be interviewed by President. After the interview, Sis Merlan walked out with tears of gratitude in her eyes and says, I feel like the weight has just been taken off of me. This touched me because I had seen the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ change the life and feelings of this sweet lady. 

1 year down and 1 year left. 

Love and miss you all!

Elder Richards 



No comments:

Post a Comment