Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, July 10, 2017

A new Mission President

Hey All,

I am so glad you got to go the the homecoming of the MP, I sure do love the Bertins. Pres Bertin is a man of very few words but does have a strong spirit. Sis Bertin on the other hand is one of my favorite people ever. She can just make you feel like a million bucks all the time. She sure was a life saver in my mission and especially the past few transfers. I am glad you were able to find their chapel because I totally spaced on getting their ward name for y'all. 

I can't believe the 4th has come and past. That is my last big memory when I was back home. What a good time we had, and what a way to send me off. And the fire works are always the best part of it all. 

The things with the MP right now are great. We sure are dang busy. Seems like everyday we have something to do to help him out and not allow this mission to go up in flames. It's hard though because we haven't been able to proselyte much. So its a feeling of, man we really aren't doing anything but at the same time we are so busy.

I actually saw Jordy on Monday but I was so sick that I could barely speak so I wasn't able to talk to him much. 
Best thing about  my week this week was I had subway for the first time in like for ever. And no matter what subway you go to, it is delicious. I sure was homesick for the 20 minutes I was there.  But on a more spiritual note, the best part was the Merlan family. Its a family of 4 that are going to be baptized next saturday. The best part is they had the clicking part this week during one of our lessons and talk about one of the coolest things to see with the physical eye. The look in there eye when the click happens and you can tell that they finally get that everything we are saying is all true. 

My favorite thing to eat right now is champorado (chocolate rice!!!)

I sure do love and miss everyone. The crazy things I keep telling myself is that this is my last july 10 and tomorrow will be my last july 11 and so on and so forth. Just crazy how time goes. I will be home before we both know it.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Love,

Elder Richards



First Flat Tire

No comments:

Post a Comment