Porter flag

Porter flag

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year!

I am happy to hear that you guys had a good week, even with no one really home. Still some quiet time is nice at times, but not all the time as you know. Good thing Lukey is back in a few hours, I am sure he will add some noise. Dad says Rocky got sick, good thing he isn't dead yet. When do you guys head back to school?

This week for me has been pretty rough. Nothing is worse than standing at the doors of the chapel with such high expectations, waiting for your investigators to just find out that no one shows up. I really have never been a failure in my life, but when your branch President and members look at you and ask where you investigators are and you have to loo at them in the eyes and say no one showed up. Nothing makes you feel more like a failure than that. This week we also had the least amount of lessons of my mission, seems like everywhere we went no one was there, or they were busy and didn't want to hear our message. It has been pretty rough going down the same streets everyday, and seeing the same things, and getting no progress anywhere. For how much I love Hagonoy, I wish there was a fast forward button to next transfer. So yea basically just another day as being a missionary, feeling like a failure every other day, then tomorrow always comes and gives you another opportunity to do something better. 

I really don't have much great things to say, and as they always say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. 

For New Years, we went to Genice's and had a BBQ. The food was actually pretty good, but nothing like a good South BBQ like in Georgia. Sadly we had curfew at 6:00 so basically all we did was sleep. I think this is the first year I haven't experienced the count down or the party of New Years. It can be rough at times being a missionary but oh well... Happy New Year.

I still haven't seen Jordy yet but that is alright, it will come soon enough. It is kind of funny that we have called each other every night trying to find an excuse about our work in the field just so we could talk. haha

If you have any other questions let me know and I would be happy to answer them.

Love and miss ya.


Elder Richards 



A good ole' Filipino BBQ

Haven't forgotten my roots and what my momma taught me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment