Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, January 9, 2017

Back to the Grind!

Hello everyone!! 

Hey Momma, First I would like to say that, really you're going to sale the Saturn? I guess Luke won't be the "coolest" kid at Bingham like his older Brother and learn how to drive a stick.  ;) lol hahaha but that is cool. 

Lets be honest mom, I know you to well (considering I am basically just a duplicate of you), I have learned a lot from you and take what you say to heart.  I remember my first weeks with both my comps and they were the hardest times for me.. but as I looked for the good in them, which there is good in everyone, it changed my outlook and relationship with them. I have come to absolutely love both my comps for different reasons. And I know that as we look for good in each other, the Lord will open our heart to them.

I can only imagine the feelings dad has had this last week, I remember how highly dad always talked about Lavell. It is sad to see him go. I am glad he got the chance to go to the funeral to say goodbye, and it sounds like ya'll got to see a lot of cool players from the past and get some closure.

How has the snow been treating everyone?? Anyone froze to death yet?? 

Well it was another great week here. Not to make anyone to jealous, but it is still flip flop weather here... 

For some reason we just can not figure everything out with Rowena to get her baptism done before I have the chance to be transferred. It seems like every-time we get so close, another problem occurs. My fingers are crossed that everything will work out, but I will be slightly heart broken if I am not able to see her get baptized. 

I finally ate balut for the first time this week. (If you don't know what it is, definitely look it up) I overcame my chickenness and stepped up to the plate and did it. It wasn't half bad... I slightly wanted to punch myself in the face after buuutttt I am still alive. If you want to know what it tastes like, imagine a 3 day old, luke warm boiled egg that stares back at you as you eat it and is crunchy.

A cool experience I had this week was after the disaster of last week with no investigators at church, this week we focused on LA's. Elder Tagal and I had 8 LA families show up to church. It was pretty much one of the coolest things to look back at the doors and see a family walk through together I can't quite say the word but it was incredible.
 
As I was reading this week I came across a quote that said "You can't have faith in someone you don't know". Come to know our Savior!

I hope everyone has a great week!


Love you all!


Elder Richards 

BTW I saw Jordy on Tuesday and that was great. I just really enjoy talking with him and getting caught up on life. We haven't gone on splits or anything but hopefully soon.



My first Balut. Yum! 

Rica Joy.





No comments:

Post a Comment