Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween

Hello to all my loved ones and Happy Halloween!

Today is Halloween here and it's really not celebrated like in the United States. We celebrated by cleaning our apartment this morning. After being at the wifi bar it will then be a normal Pday with shopping, cleaning our clothes and reading. The only thing different with today is we can't go work tonight because since it is Halloween people party a little to much and things could happen to missionaries. So we have to have a curfew of 6:00 pm just in case.   :)

The weeks continue to get better. My companion, Elder Miller, his visa expires a week earlier than expected so he is actually going home a week before transfers. So I will get a new companion for a week, then a different companion a week after. Sadly we didn't have any baptisms this week but that is ok. Everything is on the Lord's timetable and He truly knows when everyone is ready to make covenants. 

My mom asked me how often we get fed by the members in our ward. Elder Miller and I do not get fed to often by members here. We are actually in quite a poor area so most people can't afford it sadly. But I do have to say that even though they do not have much, when they have an opportunity to give Elder Miller and I a treat, they don't even think twice about. And just to give you an idea of how generous these people are, 1 dollar there goes to about 47 pesos here. And meryenda "treats" cost about 7 pesos. And most these people can't afford that for their families. Very heart breaking to think that people can't afford 10 cents worth of food to feed themselves. Very humbling in several aspects. Here in Hagonoy we only have Jollibee if you have ever heard of that. Its an even crappier version of McDonalds. But its all we have so you gotta love it. :)  Other areas have actual restaurants like in America but like I said, the place I am assigned isn't to wealthy of an area. We do eat at Jollibee's about once a week just because it is so easy and we don't have to cook. 

Some of my favorite people in my area just had a baby. Rowena and Nikko. Rowena is an investigator and Nikko is a less active. Their baby's name is Rica Joy. They told me when we were visiting them at the hospital that I was the Godfather. As you can imagine I was pumped. Lets just say that I am going to spoil Rica Joy while I have the time here. My Goddaughter deserves the best ;)   (yes I am a protective over her.)

As my time continues to be less and less with Elder Miller, I have come to have a certain love for him. I have learned the good, the bad, and the ugly from him. I sure will miss him and the comfort I have being with him. I had another companion exchange this week with Elder Gumban. It is always cool to learn from other experienced missionaries. One thing that Elder Gumban that told me, when the opportunity presents itself, you bare testimony on the Restoration with everything that is in your heart. Yes people can deny your message or not believe what you are saying, but people can not deny the feelings you have or the feelings they have after you testify. 


I hope everyone has a great week and continues to love where they are at in life. Miss and love you all.

Elder Richards





No comments:

Post a Comment