Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, October 24, 2016

They needed it more than I did

This week had a little bit of everything. It started with companion exchanges which went great. I went with Elder Lorenzo, and lets just say that this guy is a stud! I can tell he is a spirit lead teacher because I could not tell you what he actually said when he was teaching, but I could feel the Spirit with every word. I learned a lot from him on how to become a better missionary. The next day though I woke up just sick as could be. I woke in just in the sweats on numerous occasions, but the hardest part is I was still so cold. Quite the predicament, cold, but sweating. This cold/flu lasted a few days but I still worked everyday. And I am glad I did because I had a learning experience that I will not forget. As Elder Miller and I were out proselyting I remember just thinking, "Why am I doing this? I should just go home right? I mean I am sick." A phrase then came to me "Because of Him".
No phrase has hit my quite as hard as this did at this moment. So after thinking this I took one more step, then another, then another until we reached the appointment. After that appointment I began to think to myself the exact same things as earlier. But the phrase once again popped to my mind. So I did as I did before, I took one step at a time until the day was over. I know that if we always think remember that whatever we are doing is for Him, we can find the energy and desire to go the extra step or the extra mile.


On Saturday we had a district baptism and our baptist was Sister Angelica. She is such a cool person and her whole story is one that I will never forget. The crazy thing that happened is while we were at the church, I left my bag in relief Society room while we went to the chapel to hear the talks that were to be given. When I returned to my bag, all the zippers were open, and my wallet was gone. I was l, crap, now? Well of course being at a baptism I didn't want to make a stink about anything so I kept quite until everything was over. So after the service I informed anyone and asked if they had seen anything. No one knew anything or saw anything so I was a little sad because there were things in my wallet I needed of course. So I said a quick prayer in my heart, and just then I got the feeling everything would be alright. While we were eating dinner at the church, someone came up to me and said, "Elder Richards is this yours?" And lone and behold it was my wallet. All the money was gone, but my bank cards and the important stuff was in there. Always remember God answers prayers. I do wish who ever took my money also took a Lesson One pamphlet.


Look on the bright side of all things.


Love and miss you all. Hope all have a good week.

Elder Richards






Elder Miller and Elder Richards with some members
Another Scenic view of the Philippines


The "Bucket Shower" and bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment