Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, September 26, 2016

Young love!

Kumusta po kayo!

Friends and family I have missed you guys a lot. The work in the Philippine continues to hasten day by day. 

Elder Miller and I had another baptism this week. She is a 14 year old girl named Princess. She comes from a part member family, so the old missionary saying of part member families are the "gold mines" is a very true. As you know, some 14 year old can have attitudes occasionally. So the night before Princess's baptism we went over to make sure she was prepared and what not. Well we brought up her "ex boyfriend" and all the sudden a flip switched in Princess's mind and she became so hard/grumpy to talk with. Like every time we brought up baptism she just said, Elders nope.. I'm not getting baptized anymore. And Elder Miller and I looked at each other like, what the?? We worked it all out eventually but I forgot how much drama young love is. 

It hard to put into words everything that you feel and experience on a mission. From the heart aches and tears, to the smiles and laughs. All I can really say is, this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but it is the most rewarding as well!

I hope everyone has a great week. Please tell the people you love how much you love them!  Praying for you all,

Elder Richard




No comments:

Post a Comment