Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, September 19, 2016

A Rose by any other name.


Good morning Y'all from the Philippines. 

Hope and pray everyone is doing okay. 

This week has been a touching week to me. Elder Miller and I had our first baptism this week (Rose). Rose has had quite the journey to be where she was on Saturday. Rose has been such an example to me in the short amount of time that I have been able to get to know her. Her husband did not want her to get baptized and two nights before her baptism, he told her that he would divorce her if she got baptized. Of course this broke my heart and we told her we would understand what ever decision she would choose. The next day when we went to see her, she looked us in the eyes and said I know what I must do. I am going to be baptized. This brought so much joy to my heart. I know how big of a sacrifice she was making. When Rose came out of the water after being baptized, this feeling took over my body. I can not put into words what I felt, but I do know something now. I know our Heavenly Father loves us. I know He lives. I can't say what will happen with her husband but I have a good feeling things will work out. 

I hope everyone has a good week and remember when life gets hard, pray to our Heavenly father for help. He will never let us fall or bear more than we can.  
Elder Richards and his new best friend Umi

Elder Richards 



Fish Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment