Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, November 14, 2016

Tears of Joy for Vaughn and Mikko

How is everyone doing now? So I hear Trump is the new President? What is happening in America? I guess that could be good too.

Well were do I begin for the week. Elder Miller left and that was hard but I am happy for him to get home to his family. I had a new companion for one week named Elder Lorenzo. He is such a nice guy. I have enjoyed being with him. He is as we say in Tagalog "estig". We did a lot of great things during week we were together. He is really great with members so I definitely took note of that and how it can improve me as a missionary. 

Friday was another good day until I got a call from the Zone Leaders telling me that I was going to be a trainer. As soon as I heard those words a little bit of a panic attack happened. I know I have so many inadequacies and am not ready for the responsibility. I do not think I have ever prayed so hard in my life after receiving that news. Personally I just don't know if I am ready, but I do know that I can be strengthened with the faith I have. 

On Saturday I had the opportunity to baptize 2 of our investigators. Vaughn and Mikko. After the ordinance while we were all changing in the bathroom we were standing there in complete silence. All you could hear was the weeping that was taking place. The Spirit was there with us and you could feel it. I remember just looking at these 2, thinking to myself, these 2 are children of God. And all the hard work that just wears me down day after day is worth it. It's for moments like those, where you can look someone in the eyes, and know that the Spirit has touched that makes me continue to work so hard.

On Monday we had transfer announcements. I already knew I was going to become a trainer so I wasn't really expecting to much, but as the ZL's were reading what was going on in the mission they got to my name and said congratulations Elder Richards, you are training and you have been asked to do one more calling, you are the new District Leader of your zone. I already knew and felt all the pressure I was under for training and I thought that hearing this news would put me over the edge, but something came into me and reassured that everything will be alright and I was called for a reason by an inspired Mission President. I look forward to the opportunity to become close with my District members and for all the experience that I will gain from this. 

Please keep praying for our White Christmas here in the Quezon City North Mission on December 10th. Your prays are heard and are helping so much.

Hope everyone has a more than good week. Love and miss you all.
On our way to an appointment.

Elder Richards


Baptism of Vaughn and Mikko
Elder Lorenzo
Our District.

No comments:

Post a Comment