Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving from the Philippines

How is everyone doing? Quick congrats to all my Bingham boys, to my cousin AO your still my idol!!

My comp for the week Elder Miller was gone was Elder Lorenzo. He is as we say in Tagalog "estig". We did a lot of great things the week we were together. He is really great with members so I definitely took note of that and how it can improve me as a missionary. 

My new companion is Elder Tagal. He is from Cagayan Valley, which is somewhere in the Philippines, but I couldn't really tell you where. He is a great person in general. His best characteristic is he has a desire to work hard which I love. He is also very giving and loving which I can always learn from. He always wants to be serving me and others, so I know that he is an instrument in the Lord's hands. He struggles with English, but that's alright because my Tagalog has improved since being with him just for a week. Even though there are times where are communication is difficult. I have learned that if you smile and enjoy where you are at and who you are with the language barrier doesn't matter. Elder Tagal tells me stories all the time that I don't know what he's truly saying, but I just enjoy laughing at them any way. It makes the time we have together more great.  I honestly love this guy to death. I know these next few transfers will be challenging but I know I will learn a lot from him.

I had my first baptismal interview that I was conducting. I don't know who was more nervous, the 9 year old I was interviewing or myself. All said in done though I survived. The kid was quite smart and knew every answer to my questions.

Our work here in Hagonoy is doing alright at the moment. We have been getting punted a lot lately which is okay. It can wear on you a little bit when it is 3 o'clock and you are sweating, but smiling is always the trick. Smiling is the cure to all trials in life. 

Rowena has some struggles with obtaining her marriage license, but everything happens for a reason so maybe Dec 10 isn't the timing for her, but I do know that one day, she will be baptized. 

Love and miss you all. Have a good one. 

Lastly, Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


Elder Porter Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment