Porter flag

Porter flag

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I can do it on my own!

Hey Y'all,

Hope everyone had a great week!

We had a really fun baptism this week. It is a 17 year old girl named Meryl. She is a sassy funny girl. She is so independent it cracks me up whenever we try and help her out, she just says "Don't you dare, I can do it on my own". LOL. She decided to be baptized even though her family aren't members. Not to worry, we are working on the family so cross you fingers for us :)

One of the biggest struggles for me and my comp is getting people to church at times. It is just difficult because I can't be at 2 places at once when going to pick people up. I guess we really just need to strengthen them more so then they will have a desire to keep a commitment. But holy cow it can be frustrating at times. 

One of the best feelings on my mission I have had though has been able to see the change that has happened in me personally. I have felt my self come closer to God and become a man of Christ. I never thought I would grow so much on my mission as I have.

To answer your questions. We do have a cell phone here but its a little different than back in the states because here you buy what they call "load". Its kind of difficult to explain.

My favorite moment this week was while I was doing a workshop. A workshop is basically teaching the other missionaries in my zone. But the reason why I loved it so much was because the spirit was so strong in the room. I can't even describe the love I have for each of these people. It is a different kind of love and is indescribable to put into words. I just will do anything for any of them in the blink of the eye. My heart feels like it is going to explode with all the love I have for them. 

Outside of that our area is going pretty well. We have some good progression that I am very excited about but we just need to keep bringing people to church. 

Thanks for all the emails and prayers. 

Love you all!

Elder Richards 


All the ZL's and Sister Leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment