Porter flag

Porter flag

Monday, December 5, 2016

Feeling super Grateful!



 Hello all. I am missing seeing you all, especially during this Christmas time. It's not the same feeling when you don't have a White Christmas, but I guess the heat will do for me right now.
This week has been another week of working hard. Rowena should have everything figured out for Dec.10th to be baptized so I am more than excited and thankful right now. All the prayers, long nights, discussions, blisters from walking to her house, tears are now finally paying off with her baptism this Saturday. I can't even put into words what I feel at this moment. I want to scream at the tops of my lungs "YAY"!!! 

I am not gonna lie it is hard at times when I know it is Christmas season and I can't go to parties with my family. It makes me look forward to Christmas a little bit more. I hear my mom is making the family do service, and let me add that I think that is a great idea. Before my mission I wasn't the biggest fan of service. I was selfish with my time and did not have the desire to serve the Lord's children. But since being on my mission I have felt something grown within my heart. A feeling of love for everyone that is here. I don't know what has developed within me, but I love serving people. And I love serving people so I can see them smile. Not to say that I served. To me, a smile from a child makes anything worth it.

Elder Tagal cracks me up. For some reason he thinks I am really good in Tagalog (which I am not) and is always telling me his life stories in Tagalog. Truly I don't know what he is saying half the time, I just pick up on certain words, but when he starts laughing I know he just said something funny, so I start cracking up too. You know when you fake a laugh, but then it turns to a real laugh because you think you are funny for faking a laugh? Yea... I have done that a lot this week. But I love it. I love hearing his stories and how enthusiastic he is about everything. It really makes my day to just laugh with him, even if I don't know what is going on. Laughing for no reason just makes the heart feel better. So if you are having a rough day or a bad moment, just laugh at something and remember that everything will be ok. 

Love and miss you all! Have a great December week! Be safe in the snow! Bundle up, drink some hot cocoa, watch some TV, and laugh! 


Elder Porter Richards

First pic: Elder Tagal and I, with Maggie. Child of sister Genice.
Pic 2: Genice's kids
Pic 3: That is what I made for Thanksgiving. And we put up that little tree so we could feel the Christmas spirit.
Pic 4 & 5: We went to a museum for an activity and they had paintings all over walls.

























No comments:

Post a Comment