Porter flag

Porter flag

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Rough Week! #2

Porter was really struggling this week: He said in an email to me that he had spent more time on his knees and pleading with the Lord for the Elders/Sisters in his district than he has spent in his whole lifetime. He also said he hadn't slept much because the worry for each of them was heavy on his heart and mind. Here is a part of an email he sent me:

Elder Richards and "Guapo"
The roomates.
What a emotional hard week. The language is kicking my butt right now, but I've learned a lot. I just keep telling myself it has been 10 days so I wont be an expert in that amount of time. I just need to keep studying hard. My companions and I get along just great. Being in a trio can be hard for getting ready in the morning but we make it work. Being a DL has been the hardest part so far. I want the most for the Elders and Sisters that I'm over but they are struggling with homesickness right now which is hard for me to see and is weighing heavy on
me. I just need to keep praying for them. This week has been tough for that reason and that the MTC seems forever long. I just want to get out of here and bring real people unto Christ. I can't wait. Outside of that the MTC is the same routine everyday. Language study in the morning. Learn how to teach in the afternoon. Then sleep. Kind of  sad and days seem long but I'm making me way through it. I love and miss you lots!
Elder Meyer and Elder Richards at the Philippines MTC
No group email this time. And I will send pictures a little later today.


Elder Richards    

No comments:

Post a Comment